Your Amazing Teeth
Your teeth are totally amazing! All many of us know about our teeth is that they help us chew our food, helps us articulate better and of course, gives us a much better smile.
Here are 5 facts about your teeth that you probably didn’t know and will blow you away.
- Your teeth can tell stories about you. Did you know your teeth can reveal how old you are and what you eat and drink? Get this, your teeth can also tell scientists where on earth you may have lived? They also carry clues as to periods of stress or illnesses you have endured.
- Every tooth is different. That’s right, no two teeth are same. They all vary in their shape and size.
- Teeth cleaning has been around for centuries. The first toothbrushes were twigs that our ancestors used to clean their teeth by chewing on them.
- Your teeth’s blueprint. When you were born, the crowns of your first 20 teeth are already in place under your gums, waiting to break through. This process usually starts around 3 to 6 months of age.
- Cleaning between your teeth is just as important as brushing the parts you see. The surfaces between your teeth make up a significant part of your tooth enamel. This needs to be cleaned too, removing the food and bacteria helps promote healthy gums.
Follow this link to read this article in full, and to see what the ancient Egyptians used to polish teeth. It will definitely surprise you!