In order to provide you with TMJ treatment that actually works for you and addresses your unique symptoms, our dentists and team offer comprehensive workups and exams for TMJ in Englewood, Colorado. If you would like to schedule your examination, call 303-781-0624 to speak with a member of our team at Acacia Dental Group and ask to meet with Dr. Mark Novelen or Dr. Sogand Fartash.
Before recommending any treatment for TMJ, our dentists may want to examine your jaw, head and neck to see how these parts are interacting and what may be contributing to your TMJ problems. This will help our team decide what treatment might best benefit you.
During your TMJ exam, you can expect the following:
- A review of your medical history
- A discussion of your symptoms and discomfort
- Physical tests and examination of your jaw, head and neck and their ranges of motion
- A check for any visible symptoms or problems such as swelling, lumps, bulges, bruises, etc.
- Diagnostic imaging, such as X-rays
After the examination, we will go over the results and recommended treatment options that we feel will address your symptoms and discomfort. Your individualized treatment plan may involve oral appliances or even BOTOX® treatments, depending on what we find.
To schedule your TMJ examination and finally find relief for your symptoms, call to schedule an appointment with our dentists and team!