What Is Acid Erosion?
Acid erosion is when acids eat away at your tooth’s enamel. When erosion occurs, the inner layers of your teeth are exposed, which will increase the sensitivity of your teeth and make them more susceptible to cavities or tooth decay.
What Can Cause Acid Erosion?
There are many things that can cause acid erosion, here are a few of the main ones:
- Excessive consumption of drinks that contain high levels of phosphoric and citric acids, like soft drinks for example.
- High intake of sugar and starchy foods.
- Fruit Drinks.
- Sports and energy drinks.
- Plaque (Don’t forget to brush twice a day and floss at least once.) 😉
- There are some medical conditions that can cause acid erosion, such as, bulimia and acid reflux.
If you live in the Englewood area and would like to set up an appointment, give us a call today! 303-781-0624