Sedation Dentistry Englewood Co
Are you afraid of going to the dentist? Do you have dental work or a cleaning that needs to be done, but you’re too scared to do it?
Having your dental work done can be a safe, comfortable and relaxing experience. With sedation dentistry, your dental visits will be more efficient and effective.
Being sedated is a way for you to get the dentistry you want and need, while you are completely relaxed, and at ease.
There are three different types of sedation dentistry:
- Nitrous Oxide – Also known as laughing gas. This type of sedation you inhale. This is great to just take the edge off.
- Conscious Sedation or Oral Sedation – This is a sedative that when taken, allows you to tolerate unpleasant procedures.
- IV Sedation – This is full-blown anesthesia. You will be completely knocked out with this type of sedation.
We are one of the few dental offices in Englewood Co that offer all three types of sedation dentistry. This is the most comfortable way to get your dental work done.
Is It For You?
Frequently asked questions about sedation dentistry:
- Who can benefit from sedation dentistry?
- Will I remember anything?
- Will I feel pain during the dental procedure?
- Will I be closely monitored?
- Will I be completely relaxed?
- Can I drive myself home after the dental appointment?
1. Who can benefit from sedation dentistry?
- Gag easily
- Hate getting shots or a fear of needles
- Have a fear of the dentist
- Have a hard time getting numb
- Have extremely sensitive teeth
- Have had a traumatic experience at a dental office
- Are afraid of the noises, smells and tastes
2. Will I remember anything?
Usually patients have little to no memory of the dental visit.
3. Will I feel pain during the dental procedure?
Typically patients that receive sedation dentistry will not feel any pain during the dental treatment.
4. Will I be closely monitored?
Yes. Your vital signs are monitored during your entire visit. In addition, one of our team members will always be with you to monitor you closely.
5. Will I be completely relaxed?
You will receive enough medication so that you will be unaware of the treatment.
6. Can I drive myself home after the dental appointment?
No. You will need someone to drive you home. You should also have someone stay with you until the medication has fully worn off.
If you think you would benefit from receiving sedation dentistry, please give Acacia Dental Group a call today – 303-781-0624. Our dentists have been specially trained to offer our patients this type of dentistry.
Common Tags: Dentists Englewood Co. Dental Offices Englewood Co. Englewood Sedation Dentist