How To Care For A Chipped Tooth and Oral Tissue

A Tooth That’s Pushed Out Of Position

Englewood DentistSo what should you do it you or your child’s tooth is pushed out of position? The first thing you want to do is call your dentist and get into to see him/her ASAP. In the meantime, try to reposition your child’s tooth to it’s normal position with your fingers. Be sure to not force it back into position.

What To Do For A Chipped Tooth

If you or your child chipped a tooth, rinse your mouth out with warm water and put an ice pack on it to reduce any swelling. Again, you want to immediately call your dentist. If you can find the chipped off portion of the tooth, then bring that with you to the dentist. Sometimes your dentist will be able to smooth a minor tooth fracture and other times it might need restorative procedures.

What To Do For Oral Tissue Damage?

If you or your child tears, cuts, punctures or has a laceration on their cheek, lips, or tongue, immediately clean the wound with warm water. Visit an oral surgeon for emergency care as soon as possible.