The 9 Worst Foods For Your Teeth
What you eat directly affects your teeth, that’s why today I thought I would let you know the top 9 foods that are bad for your teeth.
- Hard Candy – If you eat too many of these the constant exposure to sugar can be harmful to your teeth. Hard candies can also brake or chip your teeth. A great alternative to hard candy is chewing sugar free gum that carries the ADA Seal.
- Ice – Chewing on ice can leave your teeth vulnerable to dental emergencies and can damage your enamel.
- Citrus – Frequent exposure to acidic foods can erode your enamel, thus making you more susceptible to decay.
- Coffee & Tea – If you drink caffeinated tea or coffee it can dry your mouth out. They can also stain your teeth. Also, people usually don’t drink these beverages by themselves, they just can’t help adding sugar, which is bad for your teeth.
- Sticky Foods – Sticky foods can damage your teeth because they usually stay on your teeth longer. If you eat dried food, it’s always a good habit to rinse thoroughly with water afterwards, in addition it’s good to brush and floss if you can.
- Crunchy Foods – Foods like potato chips contain a lot of starch, starch gets trapped in your teeth.
- Soda – Most carbonated drinks are acidic and therefore are bad for your teeth.
- Alcohol – Alcohol causes dehydration and dry mouth. In addition, heavy alcohol use increases your risk for mouth cancer.
- Sports Drinks – Quiet the top ingredient in these drinks are sugar. Make sure your choice of sports drink is low in sugar. Better yet, drink water instead!