9 Tips For Your Oral Health
Do you like your teeth? Then keep your teeth! Here are 9 tips to keep your oral health healthy.
- Limit alcoholic drinks.
- Drink fluoridated water and brush your teeth with toothpaste that contains fluoride.
- Brush at least twice a day for two minutes each time and floss at least once a day.
- If you’re on medication that causes dry mouth, be sure to drink lots of water and chew sugarless gum. You can also get a mouthwash or a spray that can help with dry mouth.
- Visit your dentist regularly.
- Don’t use tobacco products. If you smoke, then quit.
- If you are diabetic, work hard to maintain control of the disease. Diabetics have a greater risk of developing gum disease as well as other oral complications.
- If you have sudden changes in your sense of smell or taste, see your dentist or doctor right away.
- If your are acting as a caregiver to someone, help them to brush and floss daily if they are not able to do so on their own. Here is a great resource for caregivers.
If you live in around the Englewood Colorado area and would like to set up an appointment with one of our totally great dentists, call us today at 303-781-0624. You can also click the “Schedule Appointment” button on the sidebar to schedule online.