6 Myths About Gum Disease
Here are 6 myths about gum disease:
- It’s not very common – Actually it’s very common, about half of adults age 30 and older suffer from gum disease.
- If I don’t have cavities then I can’t get it – Just because you don’t have cavities doesn’t mean you can’t have it or get it. Gum disease is painless, so many people that have it aren’t even aware of it.
- If I have gum disease then I will loose my teeth – This is not true! If you practice good oral hygiene, the chances are you won’t have to loose any of your teeth.
- Bleeding gums while being pregnant is normal – Some women develop “pregnancy gingivitis”, however, not everyone experiences this.
- Bad breath could be an indicate – PERSISTENT bad breath or bad taste in your mouth could be an indication.
- I have diabetes so I will probably get gum disease – You have a greater risk of developing some oral health problems so it’s very important to have excellent oral hygiene.