Did you know that your face has 44 different muscles that enables you to make 5,000 different expressions? Probably the most powerful of those expressions is a smile. Very few things can have such a profound effect on both yourself and others. That being said, here are 5 things a smile will accomplish:
- Smiling makes you happier – When we smile we’re sending a message to our brain that we’re happy, in turn, when we’re happy our body releases endorphins.
- They make other people smile – That’s right, there contagious. We can make someone else feel better just by smiling at them.
- Smiling makes you more attractive – I mean come on, who wants to look at a grumpy face? Unless it’s Grumpy Cat, of course. Seriously though, according to the Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, “96% of American adults feel that an attractive smile makes a person more appealing to members of the opposite sex.”
- It reduces stress – When you send a signal to your brain that you’re happy, your body will slow its breathing and heart rate, thus reducing anxiety.
- It can land you a new job – People are more app to think that someone who smiles is likeable, confident, conscientious and stable, making you more appealing to a potential boss.
That’s 5 great reasons to start smiling more! Unfortunately, when people are embarrassed about how their teeth look, they smile less. If you’re not happy with your smile, give us a call today! 303-781-0624